This cheesy, creamy leek and beef soup is a total comfort food that's equally nourishing and lecker! Inspired by days in quarantine and a little too much rain recently.
Leek + Beef Soup
About this Recipe
This Is A Sponsored Post That Contains Affiliate Links
There is sunshine on the radar and I am here for it! Regardless, with this corona virus spreading and turning is all into homebodies (not by choice), comforting soups like this one sure have a special place in my belly. I definitely think we're all counting down the days until the end of this quarantine and bikini season, but until then, there are a few of these warming recipes that I would try to get in before it's here, and besides a nice Braten and some Käsefondue, this soup recipe sure is one of them! Today's Leek and Beef Soup is very cheesy and very much exactly what the doctor ordered. It's velvety and creamy, filling and warming and will make you forget about any bad news on TV.
For the cheeses I used Laughing Cow and herbed Boursin cream cheese and finally rounded it out with some crème fraîche. The soup is seasoned with some nutmeg, and healthy dashes of onion - and garlic powder before it's served with fresh baguette right out of your oven (my favorite, although a crusty, nice baguette from a local bakery would be a great option as well).
So as we're all stuck at home from work over the next couple of weeks or If you just want to feel comfort in your belly, try this soup and bookmark it as one of your faves because I am sure it will become just that.
Scroll on down for the recipe, now in printable version.
Essentials for Leek + Beef Soup
Schlumberger Brut Sparkling
You'll want to feel something refreshing on your tongue as you're eating this soup and I promise Schlumberger Brut, Austria's oldest sparkling wine created after the original champagne method, will definitely satisfy. It's nicely balanced, refreshing and I actually love sipping on it over ice as well for an even more refreshing experience.
more German Soup Recipes
German Lemon Cake
Spring is undeniably around the corner, and so are refreshing flavors like lemon. My next Zitronenkuchen recipe is going to be a perfect pick-me-up for anybody feeling down during this rather isolating time. Make sure to subscribe to my blog now, so you're not missing out when this new lemon cake post goes live!
Cheesy Leek + Beef Soup
- 500 g ground beef
- 3 stalks leeks
- 150 g spreadable, melty cheese I used Laughing Cow cheese, but you can really use any creamy cheese you like
- 100 g herbed cream cheese I love Boursin!
- 150 g crème fraîche
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 baguette I like to buy the ones you finish baking at home, or just buy a great quality baguette from a local bakery
- 3 tablespoon oil sunflower seed oil is very neutral
- nutmeg, onion powder, garlic powder to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Brown the ground beef in it and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the leeks into small rings and add to the beef. Continue to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, reduce to low heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cheeses and crème fraîche and bring to a boil, then season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, onion and garlic powder.
- Cut the baguette into slices and serve with the soup. Guten Appetit!
I received compensation from Niche Import Co. in exchange for writing this post. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions, thoughts and recipes are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may be compensated if you click certain links.