If you’ve been following my blog lately, you may have noticed that so far this year, I have been able to consistently post EVERY SINGLE MONDAY! Gosh, I am so proud of myself! *patonmyback* Before this year, a lot was going on in my life (remember that castle wedding? Planning that thing took up a ton of my time!) that pulled my focus away from my blog, and I lost commitment.
I am glad that so far my New Year’s resolution of posting every Monday is holding true! By so far I don’t mean that I have any intentions of breaking it. I did catch the flu last week however, meaning instead of spending the weekend in the kitchen cooking up new recipes for next week, I got to party in bed. So that means 3 (blog post worthy) recipes need to be cooked next week! (Yikes!) Let me know if any of you have any suggestions/wishes; I was definitely thinking to toss a Schnitzel into the mix!
So finally getting to the point and talking about what’s important here, the day of love, Valentine’s Day! What better way to celebrate love than with food? And what better food to put in front of your loved one than Rum-infused, heart-shaped waffles, dusted in a cloud of powdered sugar, drizzled with a decadent prosecco raspberry sauce and finished with airy, yummy, homemade whipped cream? Erm. There shall never be anything better. Especially when you prepare this feast for BREAKFAST ❤️❤️ (or you can follow German etiquette and make these for cake and coffee time at 3 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon, that would be the sensible thing to do). I’m telling you, your loved one will have no other choice but to forever love you.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to my blog at the bottom of this post! ????❤️❤️
So make this batch that makes 10 waffles
(reheat them in the afternoon as a snack or for breakfast, they’ll still be so good!)
Ingredient for waffles:
- 3/4 c of sugar
- 3/4 c of butter at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 shot of rum
- 1 and 1/2 c of flour
- 11 oz of milk
- 1 tsp of baking powder
Ingredients for the raspberry prosecco sauce:
- 1 c prosecco
- 6 oz frozen raspberries
- 2 Tbsp good raspberry jam (my favorite is Bonne Maman)
Ingredients for fresh whipped cream:
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Make your sauce:
- Place 1 cup of prosecco in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high to high heat; boil until reduced to 1 to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in raspberries and the jam; reduce heat to low. Simmer 1 minute or until jam is melted and raspberries are thawed.
- Cool slightly. Place mixture in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make your fresh whipped cream (so easy – 1 step! – and so worth it!):
- Add heavy whipping cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla and whip with an electric mixer until stiff. Be sure to not mix too long, or you’ll have a sweet butter. 😉
Make your waffles:
Hint: My grandma Sieghilde always added rum to her waffle batter (her secret ingredient), which gives it that extra warm flavor!
- Add eggs, sugar and butter to a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until you get a frothy batter.
- Add vanilla and shot of rum and mix for a few seconds.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix together until batter turns into a sticky consistency.
- At last, add the milk and mix until the batter is a smooth and soft consistency.
- Bake in portions on the hot waffle iron and serve hot sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy and happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
An email was just sent to confirm your subscription. Please check your email and click confirm to activate your subscription.