Pineapple & Coconut Cupcakes with Rum
This Is A Sponsored Post That Contains Affiliate Links
It’s Memorial Day weekend and it’s HOT in Kansas City! That means pools are definitely going to be flooded with people and summer has definitely arrived (if you want to judge by the weather that is). One of my favorite cocktails ever is a good piña colada because it transplants me right onto an island when I drink it. I would often order them at cocktail bars in Germany, dreaming about my next beach vacation. I must say this cupcake version of this very popular cocktail is even more addictive! It’s super moist, I love the fresh pineapple on top, and the rum flavor is to die for! The little cakes are then topped off with a heavenly cream cheese frosting and some toasted coconut flakes – perfection!
Inspired by STROH rum!
For this post, STROH rum, the signature rum brand of Austria, asked me to come up with a cupcake recipe to add around the neck of the bottle for bottles sold this summer. I immediately thought of piña coladas and how I could turn them into a cupcake. After a couple of tries, I finally figured out the perfect combination of ingredients and my piña colada cupcake was born! Just in case you’re wondering, the rum should all bake out. I had a cupcake being pregnant, and didn’t feel any different (other than happier) after eating it!
To find out where to pick up a bottle of this rum, that’s so well known in central Europe (my grandma Sieghilde used to bake with it all the time!), visit this website and fill out the contact form.
Stuffed Kohlrabi Up Next!
If you tried these cupcakes or are just curious about them or my blog, make sure to leave me a comment below! For next week, we’re back to savory! To never miss a post, click here to subscribe to receive weekly emails notifying you of when a new post with recipe went live!
Ingredients for 2 dozen piña colada cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare cupcake tins with liners.
- Sift together the flours, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually add in the flour, alternating with the yoghurt and rum, mixing just until incorporated.
- Fill cupcake molds 2/3 full and top with the chopped pineapple.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, beat room-temperature cream cheese and butter until smooth and airy, for about 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Distribute coconut flakes onto a baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes or until toasted to your liking. Let cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes, then finish them with toasted coconut flakes.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
An email was just sent to confirm your subscription. Please check your email and click confirm to activate your subscription.