This heavenly and super easy punch cocktail recipe reminiscent of a Creamsicle is actually a German punch called Schlammbowle. It combines bite-sized fruit pieces and juices with vodka, sparkling wine, and vanilla ice cream. Top everything off with some sprinkles for a bit of extra fun.
This Is A Sponsored Post That Contains Affiliate Links
What is Schlammbowle?
Schlammbowle is an old-school German punch cocktail recipe often served during the summer at birthday parties and get-togethers with friends or family. The main ingredients are fruit pieces (I used pineapple and peaches), fruit juices (typical peach, mango, and orange), vodka, sparkling wine, and vanilla ice cream. Traditionally it's prepared in a large punch bowl (my recipe serves around 30, but let's be realistic and call that 10). The fruit can be cut in advance and combined with the vodka and juices for minimal work left for when it's game time, which is to add a bottle of sparkling wine and a half-gallon or 2-liters container of vanilla ice cream.
When To Drink Creamsicle Punch?
Making and drinking punch is great for any kind of parties or get-togethers, especially during summer. In fall, winter and spring, this could still make a great drinkable dessert. Feel free to play with the flavors for the changing seasons, maybe using cider, apples, pears and cinnamon sticks for the cooler months, strawberries and lemonade for the spring. The creative opportunities are endless. Serve with some Currywurst, creamy potato salad and homemade Brezeln for the ultimate summer feast!
Tools Needed For This Cocktail Recipe
Here are the tools you'll likely want to use when making a whole bowl-full of this German punch.
- Punch Bowl. Punch bowls often have feet or sit on some kind of pedestal. I like using this rounded, versatile serving bowl for serving my punch. I also frequently use it for salads.
- Punch Ladle. This ladle is so pretty! I just got it and LOVE it. You'll love bringing it out for parties. Make sure to hand-wash it.
- Cocktail Glasses. I actually use some footed, hammered glasses that are so pretty, but even martini or coupe glasses would work well, or even regular drinking glasses. I linked these because I think they are so pretty and more affordable if served for just a couple of guests.
- Ice Cream Scoop. To scoop that ice cream into the bowl or directly into the glasses for those late guests. This easy-release scoop makes it so easy!
Watch me make individual servings of this German Creamsicle-like punch cocktail (check out the notes in the recipe card for adjusted serving size).
Sponsored Post & Affiliate Links Disclosure
This post is sponsored by Marussia Beverages USA and contains affiliate links, which means that I may be compensated if you click certain links.
Creamsicle Punch Cocktail Recipe (Schlammbowle)
- punch bowl
- punch ladle
- punch glasses
- 4 peaches cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pineapple cut into bite-sized pieces
- 750 milliliters vodka I love the clean Finnish vodka by Koskenkorva.
- 750 milliliters sparkling wine I use the Austrian Schlumberger sparkling wine
- 3 liters fruit juice orange, peach, mango or pineapple
- 2 kilos vanilla ice cream I love Alden's organic vanilla ice cream with real vanilla bean!
- Add cut-up, bite-sized fruit pieces to a punch bowl. Add the juices, vodka and sparkling wine and stir.4 peaches, 1 pineapple, 750 milliliters vodka, 750 milliliters sparkling wine, 3 liters fruit juice
- Top off with the scooped ice cream and serve immediately. Using a punch ladle, fill into punch glasses and top with sprinkles (optional).2 kilos vanilla ice cream
- a few bite-sized pieces of fruit (pineapple, peach)
- 1 shot (20 ml) vodka
- 1 shot (20 ml) sparkling wine
- 3 oz (100 ml) fruit juice (peach, mango, orange)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream