Fresh Peaches, Creamy Brie, Almonds & More Wrapped In Puff Pastry
This Is A Sponsored Post That Contains Affiliate Links
The beauty of today's featured dish is it could also pass as breakfast (let your mind imagine a stuffed croissant loaf!), lunch (just add a light salad!), or of course dinner (the perfect, quick appetizer to help keep the crowd entertained while the main course is cooking!), AND it's absolutely to die for! I am a big sucker for anything with melty, delicious brie as well as buttery, flaky croissants, you didn't have to talk me into eating several servings of this... I am eating for two after all or am I not? 😉 To keep things interesting, I added some ripe, fresh peaches tossed in brown sugar, some cinnamon, sliced almonds (and a touch of rum if desired!) for that sweet-savory experience that hardly anyone can resist.
A Tropical Peach Cocktail
When I think vacation, I think light, breezy dresses, fancy shades and sun hats, and bronzed bodies laying by palm-lined beaches holding chilled, tropical drinks. Mojitos are definitely right at the top of that list of chilled, delicious vacation-ready drinks! I am using small batch, award-winning, vintage Jamaican rum from the Mezan family that was aged in ex-bourbon casks. Any aged rum connoisseur should want to try this!
Makes 4 servings:
- 1 large peach, stone removed and cut into chunks
- ¼ c sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c fresh mint leaves
- 2 c club soda, chilled
- 1 c Mezan Jamaican rum
Blend together peaches, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Muddle mint leaves against the bottom of a glass pitcher until they're torn to release flavors. Fill up with rum, club soda and peach mixture and stir to combine. Pour into glasses over ice, then garnish with fresh mint leaves and peaches. Prost!
Up Next: A Summer Flammkuchen!
Are you a brie lover and croissant as well and could totally fall for this appetizer?? Then be sure to leave some feedback and ideas in the comment section below, and subscribe to receive weekly emails with new recipes! Next week I will share another easy way to entertain a crowd with a quick, German-style flatbread or Flammkuchen - summertime style!
Recipe for Peach & Brie Strudel
- 1 package of puff pastry
- 1 wedge of brie (7 oz or 200 g)
- ¼ c (45 g) brown sugar
- 4 peaches, stones removed, unpeeled, and medium diced
- 30 g sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 shot of Mezan Jamaican rum (if desired)
- 1 egg
- Let puff pastry thaw according to instructions. I used the Dufour brand and had great results! Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (or 190 degrees Celsius) and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured work surface, unroll the pastry dough, layer sliced brie cheese down the middle (the long side).
- Combine other ingredients (except egg) in a bowl and stir to combine. Distribute evenly over the brie. Roll up the strudel, forming a log.
- Whisk together the egg and some cold water, then brush onto the strudel dough. Bake for 30 minutes or until the dough is golden and crispy on the outside. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Guten Appetit!
More German Appetizer Ideas That Your Guests Are Sure To Love
- Obatzda - a Bavarian beer and cheese spread
- Baked Camembert - Baked cheese again - I told you I can't get enough!
- Liver Paté - a fancy liverwurst spread served with pickled onions and cornichons
What I Used For Peach & Brie Strudel
I received compensation from Niche Import Co. in exchange for writing this post. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions, thoughts and recipes are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may be compensated if you click certain links.